Beirut's Ashes

 You need to have balls to live in this world... 

You open your eyes, thinking... Things can't possibly get any worse...
And... 
Slap!
Boom!...
It knocks you out...
You wake up, open your eyes, again...
 Confused, lost, trying to figure things out...
And the moment you realize you're alive, 
you crawl your way out.

BUT...
 I hate that "But"...
BUT what if...
 There's no way out...
What if you're stuck under tonnes of demolished buildings...
Alive...
 Barely breathing... 
It's dark... 
It's lonely.
All alone, left behind, nothing else but your blood, thoughts, pain, prayers...

Breathing gets heavier now... Trying to find a way out of this horror.
But you're stuck. Nothing left but hope for someone to find you, help you...

Worse and worse...
Barely breathing, handling all the weight...
 Hungry, thirsty, worried... 
Thoughts haunt you down... Memories haunt you down...
It gets heavier and harder by the second.
Minute by Minute
Day by Day
feels like weeks, feels like months.
Still waiting... praying... hoping.

Someone find me!

Get me out of this nightmare!

I'm sure it's just a bad dream... Life is beautiful... Life is good... 
It's not real.

I'm dreaming of the sunlight...
Please let me out
Get me out of here
I'm stuck under Beirut's ashes...

I see a light!... Finally!
...
...
well... 
Guess...

Turns out

I Am Beirut's Ashes.



It's easy to Live
Easier to Die
...The hard part is...
Living while Dying.

"Every breath you take, you are getting closer to the grave. But every breath you take, you can also get closer to your liberation."
Jaggi Vasudev
Salute to our soldiers in heaven.
See you on the other side.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts